Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas in England

I wanted to educate the children on the how the rest of the world celebrates Christmas but I believe I was the one who got educated. I am so thankful to everyone who took the time to come speak to our class. We learned so much through your life experiences and the wonderful presentations that you prepared.

Dr. Bibbee is a professor from the University of North Alabama. He was very informative and entertaining as he talked to our class about Christmas in England. He told the students what he experienced during the Christmas season when he lived in England. He began by locating England on a map and we discussed how we could travel to England if we wanted to visit.

Dr. Bibbee explained to the children that England was ruled by the Queen. We looked at pictures of the Queen and the Royal Family. We compared and contrasted Santa Claus with Father Christmas. Then we had some fun with Christmas Crackers. The children loved popping them open and finding the jokes, prizes and jokes inside.


























1 comment :

  1. wow, this is great! I love the pictures!
    I am your newest follower, so happy I found you over at TBTS :)
    Vanessa
    Kinderloves

    ReplyDelete